Use Your Own SIM Card with this True "International Mobile Hotspot"
The Zoom We4G 4520 is a new option for those looking for 3G mobile hotspot who don't want to subscribe to an additional data plan. A radical departure from the typical MiFi hotspot shape and dimensions which resemble a business card case, the Zoom We3G hotspot offers an updated and hip visual appearance as well as a more durable outer shell then the MiFi 2200. It's well suited for carrying around in your back pocket and can easily as it can be toted along in a backpack or briefcase.
Like all other 3G mobile hotspots, the 4520 creates a Wi-Fi zone for up to five devices or users within a radius of 30 to 50 foot radius. The Zoom 4520 allows you to connect any Wi-Fi compatible device to the Internet through it's universal Wi-Fi "G" network interface.
The Zoom features a 3G radio which enables data communications up to 7.2 Mb per second, and has a user accessible SIM card slot, that allows you to simply insert your own SIM card from a new or existing wireless provider's data plan, and get ready to roll using your. hotspot right away.
The Zoom We3G 4520 mobile hotspot is a global device, supporting international data communication protocols. This means you can easily travel with the device abroad including Europe and the Middle East. for users that have an existing smart phone with Sim card, and temporarily need to use it, of a mobile hotspot, this device can accept any Sim card and boot up into its own mobile hotspot mode effectively allowing you to share your single data plan associated with the Sim card.
- Great battery life: 4 to 4 1/2 hour battery run time with typical use
- International support with CMDA a data radio; just install a local SIM card.
- Allows you to insert your own SIM card from an existing device, no need for separate data plans
- Compatible with prepaid mobile providers that offer SIM cards with data plans
- Has a built in Micro-SD slot for up to 32 GB of Wi-Fi accessible on board storage
- Configuring the SIM card can be tricky and require some assistance from wireless provider
- More difficult to configure that it's popular competitor, the MiFi 2200
- generally more expensive than other similar mobile hotspots with the same features